Extreme tiredness and other physical effects felt by a person after a long flight across different time zones: she was suffering from jet lag and needed to rest
More example sentences
- On average it takes one day per time zone crossed to recover from the effects of jet lag.
- Uncomfortable hours compounding the effects of his jet lag.
- Unlike those around him, the naturalised German citizen's only physical ailment was jet lag.
- Example sentences
- Earlier in the week Athy had beaten an under-strength and jet-lagged Round Towers in the quarter-final, - 9 to - 3.
- His features relaxed; he looked heat-wilted, jet-lagged, exhausted and, well, human.
- You are constantly jet-lagged, knackered or hung-over.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: jet lag
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.