A small jet-propelled vehicle which skims across the surface of water and is ridden in a similar way to a motorcycle.
- We continued to try and get Brendan out of the water and onto the jet ski to get him back to the boat ramp, but he continued to slip.
- Both representatives attended the Pattaya Marathon 2003 and took some time off to ride on a jet ski with the mayor.
- The adrenaline junkie donned a parachute, laid his hands on a high-powered jet ski and prepared to ride it off Niagara Falls.
(jet-ski) [no object] Ride on a jet-ski: jet-skiing is limited to specified areas of the coast
More example sentences
- Lara jet-skis, horseback rides and motorcycles her way through Hong Kong, Kenya, Wales, Greece and Africa.
- So they said goodbye after breakfast and parasailed, kneeboarded and jet-skied before coming back desperate for supper and bed.
- Some people on vacation jet-ski their way into broken legs.
- Example sentences
- The Blue Lagoon is on private land and is used, with permission of the owner, by jet-skiers and scuba divers.
- The other incident involved a jet-skier who had got into difficulties and we would urge people to take extra care when using these machines.
- His body was recovered last Saturday by police divers 200 metres upstream from Clifton Bridge, after it was spotted by a passing jet-skier.
- Example sentences
- Other ‘harmless’ activities that keep her blood flowing are stand-up jet-skiing, wakeboarding and meeting men who aren't afraid to be silly.
- Diving, snorkelling, windsurfing, para-sailing, and jet-skiing are all available for far less than you expect, but steer clear of the ultra-stingy jellyfish.
- ‘They wanted to ask about my leg and how I liked jet-skiing, thank you,’ Chantelle replied, sipping at her water.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: jet ski
Definition of jet ski in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.