noun (plural same or jewfishes)
- A large sporting or food fish of warm coastal waters:
More example sentences
- ● a fish of the Atlantic and Pacific coasts of North America (Epinephelus itajara, family Serranidae). ● a fish of the Indo-Pacific (family Sciaenidae: several species), in particular the mulloway.
- It is guarded by a large resident moray eel and jewfish.
- How can you choose between the ocean trout, jewfish, gemfish, barramundi, blue eye and flathead on the menu?
- Across the cave, the jewfish is being cleaned by some minute gobies.
More definitions of jewfishDefinition of jewfish in:
- The US English dictionary