- The crisp white-fleshed edible tuber of the yam bean, used especially in Mexican cookery.More example sentences
- He liked homemade carrot juice, nutty sunflower pate, roast jicama with a little balsamic vinegar, organic multigrain bread, and cholesterol-free egg substitute.
- If you like, add slivered fresh spinach leaves, diced jicama, blanched and slivered snow peas, supremed oranges, or a bit of julienned mint.
- Spoon a portion of the tangerine sauce around the hash and garnish with the mango, red pepper, jicama, jalapeño, lime slice, and cilantro sprig.
early 17th century: from Mexican Spanish jícama, from Nahuatl xicama.
More definitions of jicamaDefinition of jicama in:
- The US English dictionary