Definition of jiggered in English:
- well, I'll be (or I'm) jiggered
- British informal Used to express one’s astonishment.Example sentences
- People of Guildford, tell me what you believe in and care about… (pause)… well, I'll be jiggered; that's * exactly * what I believe in and care about!
- Well, I'll be jiggered, look at the all the property you could buy cheap in York County!
- Sometimes I says to myself, says I, ‘Well, I'll be jiggered!’
Mid 19th century: from jigger1; its use to mean 'exhausted' is probably euphemistic for buggered.
Definition of jiggered in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.