nounAustralian • informal
- A female novice on a cattle station or sheep station.More example sentences
- Rachael Treasure - kelpie trainer, cattle farmer, jillaroo - couldn't live anywhere but in the country.
- Working as a jillaroo and rural journalist proved to be great fodder for her first novel Jillaroo, which is taking both country and city readers by storm.
- It may be clichéd, and it's certainly hard work, but nothing immerses you in outback life quite like a jackaroo (or jillaroo) training course.
1940s: from the given name Jill, on the pattern of jackaroo.
More definitions of jillarooDefinition of jillaroo in:
- The US English dictionary