North American • informal
- Fine, outstanding, or excellent.More example sentences
- It makes jim-dandy sense that Kureishi is so acclaimed.
- This is a jim-dandy illusion, and it's still available.
- No, no, no, I'm not saying that theistic beliefs are a prerequisite for coming up with a jim-dandy moral code.
nounBack to top
- An excellent or notable person or thing.More example sentences
- He must have been a jim-dandy of a boy.
late 19th century: from the given name Jim (pet form of James) + dandy.
More definitions of jim-dandyDefinition of jim-dandy in:
- The US English dictionary