More definitions of JITDefinition of JIT in:
- The US English dictionary
(also jit jive)
- A style of dance music popular in Zimbabwe.More example sentences
- For 25 years, he's been building his own ‘Tuku music’ style, blending trad mbira thumb-piano melodies and percussive katekwe, township mbaqanga and zesty Zimbabwean jit.
- Besides incorporating chimurenga music based on the rhythms of the mbira, Mtukudzi borrows from mpaqanga and jit.
- The Edinburgh-based Dance Base runs classes in hip hop, jit and breakdancing for adults and children.
Shona, from jit 'to dance'.