verb[no object] (usually as noun job-hunting) • informal
- Seek employment: she was given advice on job-huntingMore example sentences
- The 49-year-old father-of-two was appalled after reading about an agency who asked Miss Everett if she was job-hunting for her son.
- The survey also found that over 30 per cent of those surveyed thought figure and looks counted in job-hunting.
- Stefan, who lived with his dad in Winton, had just finished a training course with the Prince's Trust and was preparing to start job-hunting.
- More example sentences
- They ask those job-hunters who pass interviews to have a medical examination before signing a contract.
- One poll of 4,000 job-hunters found a third would prefer flexible hours to an extra €1, 000 a year.
- They make things harder for women job-hunters by secretly increasing the requirements on them.
More definitions of job-huntDefinition of job-hunt in:
- The US English dictionary