Definition of job-hunt in English:
verb[no object] (usually as noun job-hunting) informal
Seek employment: she was given advice on job-hunting
More example sentences
- The 49-year-old father-of-two was appalled after reading about an agency who asked Miss Everett if she was job-hunting for her son.
- The survey also found that over 30 per cent of those surveyed thought figure and looks counted in job-hunting.
- Stefan, who lived with his dad in Winton, had just finished a training course with the Prince's Trust and was preparing to start job-hunting.
- Example sentences
- They ask those job-hunters who pass interviews to have a medical examination before signing a contract.
- One poll of 4,000 job-hunters found a third would prefer flexible hours to an extra €1, 000 a year.
- They make things harder for women job-hunters by secretly increasing the requirements on them.
Definition of job-hunt in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia