- A small flat-bottomed boat with square ends, used chiefly on inland waterways.More example sentences
- Fieldwork was planned to coincide with high tides, which allowed the johnboat to travel closer to the marsh edge and further up tributary creeks.
- We rolled out in two green johnboats and were soon in warm sunshine along open, sweeping bends in the river.
- I glanced at the three loose shotgun shells on the front seat and the flat-hulled, fatigue-green johnboat on the trailer.
More definitions of johnboatDefinition of johnboat in:
- The US English dictionary