- A newcomer to or late starter at a particular place or sphere of activity: I’m exposed to the public as a Johnny-come-lately to the scene a johnny-come-lately to America, the grapefruit has made up for lost timeMore example sentences
- As Italian American clubs, all the recent anthologies can't help but look a bit johnny-come-lately.
- They're the newest johnny-come-lately to blogging and they don't stand a chance against Blogger, MT, Wordpress and everything else that came before.
- Indeed, objections to Mary are johnny-come-latelies on the stage of Protestant theology.
More definitions of johnny-come-latelyDefinition of johnny-come-lately in:
- The US English dictionary