- 1The wooden components of a building, such as stairs, doors, and door and window frames, viewed collectively: the timber is in demand for furniture and interior joineryMore example sentences
- That sensibility is inevitably - and necessarily manifest in the components and joinery of the building.
- In this way it can help the owner of a property to get the right sort of windows, joinery or plaster finish on their building.
- It boasts many original features including joinery, fireplaces, window boxes and timber ceilings.
- 1.1The activity or skill of a joiner: he quickly mastered the techniques of joineryMore example sentences
- Trainees can specialize in two-year courses in joinery, metalwork, agricultural machinery maintenance, and construction skills.
- A joiner by trade, Stuart has a lifelong passion for boating and has used his joinery skills to update parts of the former lifeboat.
- He was looking for under-utilised joinery skills, a resourceful design team as well as local supplies of timber.
More definitions of joineryDefinition of joinery in:
- The US English dictionary