- 1A plane used for preparing a wooden edge for fixing or joining to another.More example sentences
- Any areas of the wood that show cupping or crowning will need to be planed by using a jointer or table saw as demonstrated in the videotape.
- A hand jointer plane does a good job, but requires a greater degree of skill.
- Finally the staves were joined on a jointer, known as a colombe in French.
- 1.1A tool used for pointing masonry and brickwork.More example sentences
- Tooling mortar joints with a steel jointer makes the wall more attractive and smooths the joints to a more weather-resistant finish.
- It's reported that ball bearings were first offered as a special order on American jointers as early as 1908.
- 2A worker employed in jointing pipes or wires.More example sentences
- Those on strike include welders, steel fabricators, engineers, jointers, painters and electricians.
- The idea was so new that a jointer had to be flown down from Auckland to do the splices on the now-ancient slotted core cable.
More definitions of jointerDefinition of jointer in:
- The US English dictionary