1A plane used for preparing a wooden edge for fixing or joining to another.
- Any areas of the wood that show cupping or crowning will need to be planed by using a jointer or table saw as demonstrated in the videotape.
- A hand jointer plane does a good job, but requires a greater degree of skill.
- Finally the staves were joined on a jointer, known as a colombe in French.
1.1A tool used for pointing masonry and brickwork.
- Tooling mortar joints with a steel jointer makes the wall more attractive and smooths the joints to a more weather-resistant finish.
- It's reported that ball bearings were first offered as a special order on American jointers as early as 1908.
Words that rhyme with jointeranointer, appointer, pointer
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: joint¦er
Definition of jointer in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.