- 1The action of providing with, connecting by, or preparing for a joint: [as modifier]: jointing washersMore example sentences
- I was of the view that jointing mortar installed in this manner would not last long before it broke up and came out of the joints.
- Early respondents to this month's question will receive a Rose brick jointing tool.
- However, jointing of the cable took longer than expected and the cable is not expected to be brought into service until next week.
- 2An arrangement of joints: this kind of jointing provides extra strength highly regular hexagonal jointing in basaltMore example sentences
- The paucity of outcrop in the Acraman depression indicates that the bedrock beneath the depression is strongly disrupted by brecciation and jointing.
- Taking them off means feeling the floor, the temperature and slipperiness of the surface, the rhythm of jointing in the boards.
More definitions of jointingDefinition of jointing in:
- The US English dictionary