- The name proposed by IUPAC for the chemical element of atomic number 105, now called dubnium. See also hahnium.More example sentences
- In 1994 the International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry recommended the name joliotium for Element 105.
- Consequently, hahnium has a chance of rejoining the periodic table, and even the French joliotium might make into the pantheon.
- The originally proposed names of these elements by IUPAC were, in order, dubnium, joliotium, rutherfordium, bohrium, hahnium, and meiterium.
1990s: modern Latin, from the name of J. F. Joliot (see Joliot, Jean-Frédéric).
More definitions of joliotiumDefinition of joliotium in:
- The US English dictionary