- A brief note: a few jottings on an envelopeMore example sentences
- Books he used for teaching often had their endpapers covered with page numbers, references, and brief comments; these jottings formed his working index, a set of notes that would never be separated from the book.
- The compulsion to write - to fill up a blank page as an assertion of identity and ego - often produced volumes of personal jottings: page upon page of astounding outpouring and emotional release.
- All I know is that our conversations developed into interviews; my nods and giggles became jottings, shorthand notes, pages of details, then yards of Dictaphone tapes on my wall, distinct only by a date on the label.
More definitions of jottingDefinition of jotting in:
- The US English dictionary