Definition of journalist in English:
A person who writes for newspapers or magazines or prepares news to be broadcast on radio or television: foreign journalists had been expelled from the area he was a seasoned TV journalist
More example sentences
- The reason Ken and many others feel moved to write to newspapers and journalists is that they care.
- It's not entirely true that newspaper journalists are paid to get their facts right.
- As well as a musician and poet he is a journalist, broadcaster and commentator.
reporter, correspondent, newsman, newswoman, newspaperman, newspaperwoman, columnist, writer, commentator, reviewer, blogger;
- Example sentences
- Some journalists have very bad journalistic habits and are a disgrace to their profession.
- According to journalistic reports, the sub-source was a senior Iraqi military officer.
- The key test is rigorous editorial judgement based on a reliable journalistic process.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia