Definition of joyous in English:
Full of happiness and joy: scenes of joyous celebration
More example sentences
- It was a joyous celebration to mark the 60th anniversary since the Second World War ended.
- I take the mandolin from the wall and do a few strums in joyous celebration.
- There was no joyous celebration, no leaping up and down and waving arms in the air.
- Example sentences
- I felt that the spirit of joyousness which should have been there was completely negated by a seriousness.
- Perhaps most striking is the sheer infectious joyousness of Jordan's music.
- Its joyousness seemed to stand for the festival as a whole.
Words that rhyme with joyousShavuoth • tempestuous
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.