Definition of joyriding in English:
The action or practice of driving fast and dangerously in a stolen car for enjoyment: the crackdown on joyriding [as modifier]: a series of joyriding incidents
More example sentences
- Many of the younger criminals have graduated from joyriding and burglary in their teens to crimes such as drug-dealing.
- Residents have complained that the area has become run-down, suffers at the hands of thugs intent on joyriding and burglary.
- As a child and adolescent, he had numerous encounters with law enforcement for joyriding, theft, burglary, fraud, assault and battery.
- Example sentences
- Police on the street would deter burglars and vandals and joyriders.
- Yesterday's conversation was all about hooligans, criminals and joyriders.
- The vehicle was burnt out and the incident has prompted calls for a crackdown on the gangs of youths and joyriders.
Definition of joyriding in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan