- Any of several large veins in the neck, carrying blood from the head and face.More example sentences
- Anesthesia care providers must identify and locate the internal jugular veins for pulmonary artery catheter line placement.
- Any disorder that blocks the flow of spinal fluid between the brain and its route to the blood, the jugular vein, can cause raised pressure.
- One of the anterior jugular veins may have a midline position on the trachea and this must be remembered when performing tracheotomy.
More definitions of jugular veinDefinition of jugular vein in:
- The US English dictionary