verb (jumars, jumaring, jumared)[no object] Back to top
- Climb with the aid of a jumar: the second climber jumars up the fixed ropeMore example sentences
- I was at the end of fixed ropes and did not wait for Ara to belay me who was still jumaring at the base of the wall.
- Even so, climbers should be schooled in basic rock climbing and comfortable with jumaring and rappelling.
- While the others sneaked in a last route or two, Anne ascended a static line, collecting her camera and jumaring toward the sky.
1960s: originally in Swiss use, of unknown origin.
More definitions of jumarDefinition of jumar in:
- The US English dictionary