- A spirit of a dead person, typically an evil one.More example sentences
- There are folk beliefs in jumbies (ghosts, spirits).
- In Creole culture, evil spirits are known as jumbies, and it was hard to imagine three better examples than the government's main mouthpieces.
- And why should our architects continue to fight over the restoration and preservation of a turn-of-the-century wooden building on Riverside Road, which only jumbies use?
from Kikongo zumbi 'fetish'.
More definitions of jumbieDefinition of jumbie in:
- The US English dictionary