- (In film or television) an abrupt transition from one scene to another.More example sentences
- They stand alone, but can also be experienced as a lightning-quick montage of jumpcuts.
- Presented in black-and-white documentary-style, with jumpcuts and hand-held shots, the spot dissolves to quick cuts from Ryan's speech before the Trumbull County organization.
- Slick dramatic lighting and a varied, enjoyable color design smooth out the film's disjointing plot jump-cuts and occasional coincidences.
verbBack to top
- (jump-cut) [no object] Make a jump cut: the camera jump-cuts to a head-and-shoulders shot of the girlMore example sentences
- It's nice to see Toback working with a decent budget, and the editing is very interesting: many of the dialogue sequences are filmed entirely in master shots, jump-cutting between takes instead of cutting away to alternate angles.
- Zany jump-cuts throughout and an impressive supporting cast that includes the hilarious Janeane Garofalo as Matthew's wife make this wild-goose-chase-turned-revenge-plot refreshing and consistently funny.
- Right on cue, we jump-cut to a 2003 Corey dressed like it's 1989.
More definitions of jump cutDefinition of jump cut in:
- The US English dictionary