- Each of a pair of thick electric cables fitted with clips at either end, used for recharging a battery in a motor vehicle by connecting it to the battery in another.More example sentences
- It is also recommended to carry a jack, jump leads, spare fuses and a torch.
- However, the engine roared into life with suitable application of jump leads to the empty space once occupied by a battery.
- And my car is usually on the receiving end of the jump leads, so I'm not sure it would be any use.
More definitions of jump leadDefinition of jump lead in:
- The US English dictionary