- 1.1An informal Caribbean dance or celebration.More example sentences
- I'd wolfed down a small bowl of cereal early Saturday morning and darted into the city to pick up last-minute Carnival regalia before the Monday jump-up: spray paint, glitter, cosmetics and stockings.
- St Lucia's carnival was traditionally held in February as a pre-Lenten jump-up.
- The director added that the two-day jump-up is not the its central thrust as it is more concerned with the development of Carnival.
More definitions of jump-upDefinition of jump-up in:
- The US English dictionary