- (In the US and Canada) a school intermediate between an elementary school and a high school, generally for children in the seventh, eighth, and ninth grades.More example sentences
- The village only has an elementary school and a junior high school.
- Thirty junior high schools, nine high schools and three higher secondary schools have been affected.
- The foundation conducted the survey among 1,501 teachers at elementary and junior high schools in June.
More definitions of junior high schoolDefinition of junior high school in:
- The US English dictionary