1A weight in professional boxing of 61.2-63.5 kilograms.
- It has been almost nine years since Leija, now 36, held a world title - at junior lightweight - which is 10 pounds south of junior welterweight.
- Prospect of 1999 Stephan Carr hosts US-based Dillon Carew over eight rounds at junior welterweight in the main bout.
- Burnholme Community College student Luke Atkin, 15, fighting at junior welterweight, took gold after defeating home fighter Jamiel Kassem on a unanimous points decision.
1.1 [count noun] A junior welterweight boxer.
- Universally recognized as one of the top-ten junior welterweights in the world, he solidified his stature in the talented 140 lb division.
- I'm sure boxing would like to see him in there against the likes of the some of the other junior welterweights.
- The two junior welterweights had staged one of the fights of 2001 last May, when Ward pulled off a points upset.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: jun¦ior wel¦ter|weight
Definition of junior welterweight in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.