Definition of junkie in English:
1A drug addict.
- I thought my destiny was to be a heroin addict, a junkie for the rest of my life; I couldn't stop myself and I didn't know a way out.
- For the past eight years, Moira's been on methadone, a drug most imagine only junkies use to get off heroin.
- Only two respondents in this sample were currently relapsing addicts / junkies.
1.1 [with modifier] A person with a compulsive habit or obsessive dependency on something: power junkies
More example sentences
- With my fabulous culture junkie friends Peter and Jaq, we went to the movies last night.
- Where does the average information starved Net junkie go in such a case?
- However, I'm a noise junky, and a compulsive multitasker, so the TV's on most of the time.
1920s (originally US): from junk1.
Words that rhyme with junkiechunky, clunky, flunkey, funky, hunky, junky, monkey, punky, spunky
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.