Definition of justifiable in English:
Able to be shown to be right or reasonable; defensible: it is not financially justifiable their justifiable fears
More example sentences
- Something important is being taken away from people, and there isn't a justifiable reason for it.
- There are only two justifiable reasons for taking an animal's life.
- This should not be a reason for not having cows in calf because there are several more justifiable reasons.
defensible, arguable, tenable, able to hold water, defendable, supportable, sustainable, warrantable, vindicable, acceptable, plausible;
early 16th century (in the sense 'justiciable'): from French, from justifier 'to justify'.
- Example sentences
- At advanced levels, metacognitive development involves the development of explicit understanding about the fundamental nature and justifiability of knowledge and reasoning.
- And the suggestion here is that the rationality or justifiability of Norman's belief should be judged from Norman's own perspective, rather than from one that is unavailable to him.
- Two reasons are given for the justifiability of this act.
- Example sentences
- This paper examines the extent to which the judgments of 6-, 10-, and 13-year-old boys as to the justifiableness of retaliatory aggression are influenced by certain factors.
- It has been deemed proper, in commencing a course of lectures on war, to make a few introductory remarks respecting this question of its justifiableness.
- he was justifiably angryMore example sentences
- Otherwise people might quite justifiably announce that they are being taxed twice for the same service.
- Grant did a fantastic job, it was a great game of rugby in very difficult conditions won, quite justifiably, by Ayr.
- There are things we can get justifiably angry about in our health service.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan