Definition of juvenescence in English:
noun[mass noun] formal
The state or period of being young: figurative in the juvenescence of the year
More example sentences
- A silhouette portrait of Talbot as a boy of seven, drawn in 1807 by an unknown hand, opens this monumental book about the birth and juvenescence of a medium.
- I believe that the happiest individuals are those who have reclaimed their juvenescence, or the power to grow young.
- Gyllenhaals juvenescence is the magic that makes even Graysmiths most mundane actions sparkle.
early 19th century: from Latin juvenescent- 'reaching the age of youth', from the verb juvenescere, from juvenis 'young'.
- Example sentences
- Such juvenescent films form when the evaporation of water is prevented and that of a minor but highly surface-active component is favored.
- Both juvenescent and senescent fish have functional ovotestes.
Words that rhyme with juvenescenceacquiescence, adolescence, arborescence, coalescence, convalescence, deliquescence, effervescence, essence, evanescence, excrescence, florescence, fluorescence, incandescence, iridescence, luminescence, obsolescence, opalescence, phosphorescence, pubescence, putrescence, quiescence, quintessence
Definition of juvenescence in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia