Definition of juvenile delinquency in English:
The habitual committing of criminal acts or offences by a young person, especially one below the age at which ordinary criminal prosecution is possible.
- Children who show low levels of peer acceptance and social competence are at risk for dropping out of school, juvenile delinquency, and adult criminal behavior.
- Other criminal cases which showed an increase in 2000 included homicide, juvenile delinquency, torture and arson.
- In the past decade, on average, the rate of juvenile delinquency remained at between 10 to 14 per cent of the criminal offenses in the city.
juvenile delinquent noun
- Example sentences
- Juvenile deliquents have also been found to have a great many drinking problems.
- Through this project, qualified support will be given to juvenile deliquents and their parents.
Definition of juvenile delinquency in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan