Definition of juvie in English:
noun (plural juvies)informal
1A youth, especially one involved in disorder or criminal offences.
- In one of these alternate universes, I was run down at Southdale on Monday afternoon by two juvies hotrodding diagonally through the middle of a parking lot.
- Steve and his girl engage in some backwards drag racing with some other juvies and get pestered by the cops to, ‘Cool it.’
- He is the juvie from the wrong side of the tracks and she is the rich kid.
2 [mass noun] US A detention centre or court for juvenile offenders.
- Asked by an officer what he was thinking, he replied: "I'm going to go to juvie."
- Kids I knew from the neighborhood spent time in juvie.
- The latest is that he actually did a stint at a juvie hall for breaking into a CD store.
1940s: abbreviation of juvenile.
Definition of juvie in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan