- Denoting a group of structures secreting regulatory hormones into the arteriole which leads into a glomerulus in the kidney: juxtaglomerular apparatusMore example sentences
- Renin is secreted from the juxtaglomerular apparatus of the kidney in response to glomerular underperfusion or a reduced salt intake.
- The macula densa and JG cells are jointly called the juxtaglomerular apparatus.
- If GFR decreases, the filtrate ion concentration decreases; juxtaglomerular cells then dilate the afferent arteriole and renin is released.
1930s: from Latin juxta 'near to' + glomerular (see glomerulus).
More definitions of juxtaglomerularDefinition of juxtaglomerular in:
- The US English dictionary