A person who is not a Muslim (used chiefly by Muslims): according to the Koran, the kafir is characterized by his worldliness
More example sentences
- Thus was born Pakistan, whose sole purpose was to create an Islamic nation that would drive out kafirs and follow the Shariat path.
- Some scholars have even declared the Shi'ahs to be kafirs.
- There is, most prominently, the old millennial struggle between Islam and the kafirs.
Words that rhyme with kafirchaffer, gaffer, Jaffa, Staffa
A member of a people of the Hindu Kush mountains of NE Afghanistan.
- Abdur Rahman extended his authority over the whole country by overcoming resistance from his fellow tribesmen and defeating the Ghilzay Pashtuns, the Hazaras, and the Kafirs (Nuristanis).
- Three language groups have been traditionally included in the Dardic sub-family, namely, Kafir group, Khowar-group, and the Dard - group.
- The Dardic and "Kafir" peoples of Afghanistan are concluded to have a close kinship with the peoples of northern Hindustan.
Kafiri adjective& noun
- Example sentences
- Three language groups are included in the Dardic family: the Kafiri Group, the Khowar Group, and the Dard Group.
- The former Kafiristan Kafiri were renamed Nuristani.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan