Definition of kahuna in English:
1(In Hawaii) a wise man or shaman.
- Indeed, a self-appointed kahuna, described a kahuna as a spiritual teacher who acts as a bridge between the spiritual and the material world and is also an expert in his field.
- As a kahuna, she decided to prepare a multitude of students to share lomi lomi with the world.
- And King Kalakaua was sent here by his kahuna in 1874 to purge himself before ascending the throne.
1.1North American informal An important person; the person in charge: one big kahuna runs the whole show
More example sentences
- For some reason, some of the big kahunas are distancing themselves from it…
- They put it in this little teeny guy down there and missed the big kahuna,’ the big LAD down the center.
- We're going to be looking at the top banana, the big kahuna, the cream of the crop.
Definition of kahuna in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan