Definition of kaiser in English:
1 historical The German Emperor, the Emperor of Austria, or the head of the Holy Roman Empire: [as title]: Kaiser Wilhelm
More example sentences
- The idea of absolute state sovereignty is relatively new, and it derives from agreements among kings, emperors, kaisers, and czars for their mutual benefit.
- The crowned heads of Europe - kings, emperors, tsars, and kaisers - still entertained each other at regattas, manœuvres, weddings, and funerals.
- At various times, Roosevelt had the Russian czar, the German kaiser, and the hypersensitive Japanese eating out of his hand, however reluctantly.
2 (also kaiser roll) North American A crisp bread roll in the shape of a pinwheel, made by folding the corners of a square of dough into the centre before baking.
- In a bowl, combine the diced kaiser roll with the milk.
- All are available on white or whole wheat baguette or kaiser roll.
- There was too much, it was too strong and it detracted from the simple perfection of the winning kaiser roll, grilled onions, tomato sauce and barbecued Kransky combination.
- Example sentences
- Ottocar King of Bohemia had himself expected the Kaisership.
- The German princely family of Hohenzollern deposed him from the kaisership.
Definition of kaiser in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.