noun (plural kakemonos)
- A Japanese unframed painting made on paper or silk and displayed as a wall hanging.More example sentences
- Rainbows and reptiles at the same time, the compositions rub against each other like kakemonos in a stormy wind.
- Two kakemono hung in the library of the Ho-o-den, and one hung in Silsbee's dining room.
- The same is true with his collection of kakemono, which are hung, along with other pictures, in some sort of rotation.
late 19th century: Japanese, from kake- 'hang, suspend' + mono 'thing'.
More definitions of kakemonoDefinition of kakemono in:
- The US English dictionary