- 1A hardy cabbage of a variety which produces erect stems with large leaves and no compact head. See also curly kale.More example sentences
- Some vegetables in this category include cabbage, collards, kale, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, mustard greens, turnips and radishes.
- These include: sweet peas, French beans, runner beans, endive, kale, red cabbage, and ruby chard.
- Besides milk and milk products, excellent sources of calcium include calcium-fortified orange juice, cauliflower, broccoli, cabbage, kale and bok choy.
Middle English: northern English form of cole.
More definitions of kaleDefinition of kale in:
- The US English dictionary