1Having complex patterns of colours; multicoloured: kaleidoscopic diamond patterns
More example sentences
- Look closer: the bow is encrusted with millions of kaleidoscopic jewel anemones.
- The feeling is a little like having just walked into a kaleidoscopic abstract painting.
- A child's revolving lantern projects kaleidoscopic images of brightly colored animals on a bedroom wall.
multicoloured, many-coloured, multicolour, many-hued, variegated, particoloured, varicoloured, prismatic, psychedelic, rainbow, rainbow-like, polychromatic, harlequin, motley, many-splendoured
informal (looking) like an explosion in a paint factory
ever-changing, changeable, shifting, fluid, protean, mutable, variable, varying, inconstant, unstable, fluctuating, mobile, unsteady, unpredictable, ever-moving, chameleon-like, chameleonic, impermanent, indefinite
multifaceted, many-faceted, varied, manifold, multifarious;
1.1Made up of a complex mix of elements; multifaceted: a kaleidoscopic range of topics
More example sentences
- From the moment the first shots were fired, the internet provided a kaleidoscopic view of events in Mumbai.
- He seems to have borrowed from every influential genre hit of the past decade to fashion a kaleidoscopic existential thriller.
- In the onrushing, kaleidoscopic chaos of our life there is nothing substantial to hold onto.
- Example sentences
- Time is treated kaleidoscopically, whether in selective moments, flashbacks or offstage voices from the past.
- Two modestly sized screens extended the format into an elongated rectangle, the line of demarcation heeded as images - doubled, distorted, repeated - slipped rapidly and kaleidoscopically into the seam.
- The score is kaleidoscopically varied; busy but essentially peaceful activity dominates, but there are shattering, cacophonous climaxes that suggest destructive forces at work.
Words that rhyme with kaleidoscopicectopic, gyroscopic, heliotropic, horoscopic, isotopic, isotropic, macroscopic, microscopic, misanthropic, myopic, philanthropic, phototropic, telescopic, topic, tropic
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: kal¦eido|scop¦ic
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.