- A type of African thumb piano.More example sentences
- The variety of assembled instruments included a sitar, a penny whistle, a few accordions, a Celtic and a Mexican harp, an African kalimba and a Chinese dizi.
- His music is an accessible blend of African drums, mouth harp, flute, kalimba, kora and several other instruments.
- Painted in rather garish hot pink and viridian green, the cluster includes a tortoise shell, a bass and trombone from a mariachi band, a gourd kalimba, a shark's jaw and a horse's tail.
1950s: a local word; related to marimba.
More definitions of kalimbaDefinition of kalimba in:
- The US English dictionary