- A tall New Zealand forest tree with small cream-coloured flowers and dark timber.
More example sentences
- Weinmannia racemosa, family Cunoniaceae
- Waitutu is the largest section of forest - rimu, miro, Hall's totara, rata, kamahi and silver beech - still intact on a New Zealand coastal flatland.
- The forest on the island is southern New Zealand podocarp mix with rimu, southern rata, kamahi, totara and miro.
- There were rewarewa, kamahi and rata flowering, tinting the bush a deep rusty-red.
mid 19th century: from Maori.