noun (plural same)
1A member of a group of Australian Aboriginal peoples of north-eastern New South Wales.
- The Kamilaroi had been attacking stock and had killed several stockmen in the area; aggrieved squatters were demanding that government provide ‘protection’.
- The Kamilaroi were nomadic hunters and gatherers with a band-level social organization.
- However, there are thousands of people of mixed descent both within the native populations as well as immigrant populations, who identify themselves as Kamilaroi.
Relating to the Kamilaroi or their language.
- He was born at Condobolin, NewSouth Wales, of Wiradjuri and Kamilaroi descent.
- Tim Lehâ is 26-years-old, of Kamilaroi and Tongan heritage.
- She may be Kamilaroi woman, and if she's a Kamilaroi woman, well then she needs Kamilaroi spiritual philosophy.
The name in Kamilaroi.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: Ka¦mila|roi
Definition of Kamilaroi in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.