- Sorghum of a variety grown in China and used to make dough and alcoholic drinks.
More example sentences
- Sorghum bicolor variety nervosum, family Gramineae
- A liquid fermented product, such as a Taiwan kaoliang wine or a rice wine, is contained in the aging tank.
- As for unsalvageable crops, farmers will be paid NT $11 per kilogram of corn and NT $10.5 for kaoliang.
- Recombinant inbred lines were generated from a cross between SRN39, an African caudatum genotype, and SQR, a Chinese kaoliang line.
early 20th century: from Chinese gāoliang, from gāo 'high' + liáng 'fine grain'.
More definitions of kaoliangDefinition of kaoliang in:
- The US English dictionary