noun (plural karris)
- A tall Australian eucalyptus with hard red wood.
More example sentences
- Eucalyptus diversicolor, family Myrtaceae
- Just before the town of Pemberton, you'll see signs for Warren National Park and the Bicentennial Tree, one of the tallest karris in the area.
- Busselton had become a thriving port for shipments of jarrah, karri and tuart timber from the local forests.
- When I arrived back, still giddy from time spent in the presence of the karris, I found a rain-soaked letter under the door.
late 19th century: from Nyungar.
More definitions of karriDefinition of karri in:
- The US English dictionary