A small unsprung motor-racing vehicle typically having four wheels and consisting of a tubular frame with a rear-mounted engine.
More example sentences
- It covers, and/or provides links to, virtually every type of racing, from bikes to karts to Indy cars, at every level in every country.
- When his father found an abandoned moped half-submerged in a nearby lake, retrieved the engine and then rebuilt and fitted it into the pedal kart, Michael Schumacher had his first engine to play with.
- Brandon was a late bloomer in motorsport, starting in karts in his late teens.
1950s: shortening of go-kart.
- More example sentences
- ‘It's a relief to be driving the car again,’ said Fellows, who has been driving a go kart at an indoor karting facility near his home as part of his therapy.
- The programme of events will include rallying, karting, off-road events, hill climbs, trials, autotests and visits to motorsport centres.
- Countless championships in UK karting make it practically impossible to single out the best driver… but not for much longer.