Definition of kart in English:
A small unsprung motor-racing vehicle typically having four wheels and consisting of a tubular frame with a rear-mounted engine.
- It covers, and/or provides links to, virtually every type of racing, from bikes to karts to Indy cars, at every level in every country.
- When his father found an abandoned moped half-submerged in a nearby lake, retrieved the engine and then rebuilt and fitted it into the pedal kart, Michael Schumacher had his first engine to play with.
- Brandon was a late bloomer in motorsport, starting in karts in his late teens.
1950s: shortening of go-kart.
- Example sentences
- ‘It's a relief to be driving the car again,’ said Fellows, who has been driving a go kart at an indoor karting facility near his home as part of his therapy.
- The programme of events will include rallying, karting, off-road events, hill climbs, trials, autotests and visits to motorsport centres.
- Countless championships in UK karting make it practically impossible to single out the best driver… but not for much longer.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan