1(In Russia and Poland) porridge made from cooked buckwheat or similar grain.
- Cook kasha in a large skillet for about 4 minutes.
- Nadezhda smelled cooked kasha and fresh bread; she smelled sour vodka like Vasily's breath in early morning; she smelled wet new-turned earth.
- The most renowned of all buckwheat dishes is kasha, a speciality of Russia and E. Europe.
1.1Uncooked buckwheat groats.
- A few whole grains you should add to your diet include brown and wild rice, barley, oats, kasha, quinoa, bulgur and buckwheat.
- Rye flour and oat/barley products, which are mainly whole grain, could become more popular, as could minor grain products such as kasha and bulgur.
- One cup of buckwheat kasha kernels contains more than 20% of the recommended daily intake of fibre.
noun[mass noun] trademark
Early 20th century: of unknown origin.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan