1(In Russia and Poland) porridge made from cooked buckwheat or similar grain.
- Cook kasha in a large skillet for about 4 minutes.
- Nadezhda smelled cooked kasha and fresh bread; she smelled sour vodka like Vasily's breath in early morning; she smelled wet new-turned earth.
- The most renowned of all buckwheat dishes is kasha, a speciality of Russia and E. Europe.
1.1Uncooked buckwheat groats.
- A few whole grains you should add to your diet include brown and wild rice, barley, oats, kasha, quinoa, bulgur and buckwheat.
- Rye flour and oat/barley products, which are mainly whole grain, could become more popular, as could minor grain products such as kasha and bulgur.
- One cup of buckwheat kasha kernels contains more than 20% of the recommended daily intake of fibre.
Early 20th century: of unknown origin.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.