- 1A system of individual training exercises in karate and other martial arts.More example sentences
- Meanwhile, they are learning basic karate fundamentals and kata which improves posture and breath control.
- In addition to matches, this system of sport aikido includes kata competition.
- The key to understanding karate is kata, and key to understanding kata is bunkai.
- 1.1 [count noun] (plural same or katas) An individual training exercise in karate and other martial arts.More example sentences
- We use most of the traditional kata that span all the Japanese karate systems.
- The number of kata, many of which have several personal variations, is quite large.
- The Kodokan preserved the techniques of this kata from early jujutsu training methods.
More definitions of kataDefinition of kata in:
- The US English dictionary