- A New Zealand mountain parrot with a long, narrow bill and mainly olive-green plumage, sometimes feeding on carrion.
More example sentences
- Nestor notabilis, family Psittacidae
- All year round visitors are enchanted by the antics of New Zealand's high country parrot, the kea.
- Beware the kea, a ten-pound mountain parrot that loves to chew and destroy all things indispensable: tents, packs, boots, and jackets.
- New Zealand motorists have to beware a native parrot, the kea, which is just as keen on pecking off rubber windscreen wipers and window surrounds.
mid 19th century: from Maori, imitative of its call.
More definitions of keaDefinition of kea in:
- The US English dictionary