- A Japanese tree of the elm family, which is cultivated as an ornamental, for its timber, and as a bonsai tree.
More example sentences
- Zelkova serrata, family Ulmaceae
- Figure 1 is a leaf from the keaki tree, Zelcova nervosa, from the Green River Formation.
- Okei-san's gravesite, a large keaki tree, and the Ranch House where the colonists used to reside are all that remain of the Wakamatsu colony today; they are located on private property beside the Gold Trail School.
- Keaki wood is valued in Japan and used often for furniture, such as tansu.