(North American also kabob)
- A dish of pieces of meat, fish, or vegetables roasted or grilled on a skewer or spit.More example sentences
- It's best used when grilling kabobs, burgers, chops and steaks.
- Outdoors is a grill from which you can order various flame-grilled meats including kebabs, steaks and meatballs.
- Important categories of dishes which have a Moghul origin include: pilaf and biriani dishes; kebabs, kormas, and koftas; tandoor dishes; samosas.
late 17th century: from Arabic kabāb, partly via Urdu, Persian, and Turkish.
More definitions of kebabDefinition of kebab in:
- The US English dictionary